The 4th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning
(ICDL-05) will be held in Osaka, Japan at
INTEX Osaka, July 19-21, 2005.
The theme of ICDL-05, "From Interaction To Cognition," refers not
only to the principle of development and learning in natural or
artificial systems, but also to the social process of building
interdisciplinary bridges among researchers.
There will be invited sessions by prominent researchers from different
fields that represent the study of leaning and development in humans,
animals, and automatons.
Tutorials and workshops are scheduled before the conference.
The conference is to be held right after
the Ninth RoboCup International Competitions and Conferences, RoboCup-05
(at the same site) and right before
the Fifth International Workshop on Epigenetic Robotics
(EpiRob-05, in Nara).
Several joint sessions/events between these meetings will be organized.
Topics for the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures for development and learning
- Emergence of structures through development
- Neural plasticity during development
- Interactive resonance between robots and humans
- Architecture for social interaction
- Development of emotion
- Value system in learning and emotion
- Skill acquisition through experience
- Autonomous development of robots
- Development of interaction schema
- Non-verbal communication
- Development of visual, auditory and other sensory cortices
- Coordination and integration of behaviors throughout development
- Development of attention mechanisms for interaction
- Computational and robotic models of developmental disorders
- Robots and animated agents for clinical intervention
- Computational models of language acquisition through development
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society